How to Make BARF Dog Food Recipes

BARF Dog Food Home Recipes

There are two kinds of raw feeding for pets namely prey varieties and BARF.  Prey type feeders do not give vegetables and fruits for their pet while a BARF feeder does.  Dogs are subdivision of wolf species and wolves are carnivores.

Success Stories

> Read Testimonials of Successful Dog Feeding Healthy Food

Homemade Dog Food Recipes

BARF is referred to as Bones and Raw Food or Biologically Appropriate Raw Food.  A BARF diet is a nature’s way of feeding dogs.  Raw food is as close to the most nutritionally healthy food a dog can ingest.  BARF pet diet looks only towards the fresh, natural, whole raw food sources rich in minerals, vitamins, essential fatty acids, and proteins that include bones, meat, organ meat, veggies, fruits, and supplements.  The source of meat however should not be from your local grocery store, as this is meant to be cooked.  Seek a more fresher source like your local butcher or farmer.

The first and foremost requirement is to fast your pet before feeding raw food.  This is to ensure that no dog feed is left in his system from his previous diet plan.  Start out with a very basic menu plan for your pet dog.  The diet should contain 60% raw meaty bones, 25% organ meat mince like liver, heart, kidneys, brain, stomach, etc., and 15% raw crushed vegetables and fruits.

It is recommended to start with something low in fat.  Lamb would not be a great option as it is high in natural fat and when lamb is chosen to be fed, the fat should be trimmed out.  Get your dog to do more outdoor activities after lamb feedings to help get this digested thoroughly.  Begin with chicken feeding as it is a perfect balance between meat and bone.  But your dog will need more than chicken, hence once a week feed him with fish meal, organ meat, minced meat, few eggs, and a variety of raw bones.

Add essential supplements along with raw food to deal with particular health concerns.  Supplements may vary from flaxseed oil, cod liver oil, Kelp granules, olive oil, apple cider vinegar (each in 1 tsp quantity), and all natural yogurt 1-2 tbsp.

A basic BARF recipe would be as follows:

Mix together ground raw meat either lamb, poultry, beef half a cup; pureed vegetables half a cup; contents of 1 vitamin C capsule; 1/4 tsp Kelp powder; ¼ tsp minced raw garlic; 1 tsp mixture of wheat germ oil, canola oil, and flaxseed oil.  Keep under refrigeration and thaw before feeding.

A raw meat mix recipe is mentioned below:

The ingredients required are 1 pound raw ground meat, 2 cups pureed or ground vegetables, 2-4 ounce raw organ meat, ½ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp Kelp granules, ½ cup all natural yogurt, 3 eggs with shells, and handful of parsley.  Mix all ingredients and store in the freezer section of your refrigerator.  This will compose of your dog’s 40% daily diet.  The rest 60% of his diet should consist of raw meat either chopped or large chunks depending on your dog’s preference and some meaty bones.  Bones that have the correct meat-to-bone balance are chicken wings, necks, and back; turkey and pork necks; pig and chicken feet, etc.

Another recipe would be –

Half a cup organic cottage cheese, half a cup grated carrots, and 4-5 raw chicken wings with skin, mix and heap your dog’s bowl with this to see him relishing it.

Meal rotation and maintaining variety is essential when a BARF diet plan is followed or you may end up forcing your pet to finish his daily meal.

There are risks encountered with any diet plan, every option has some positives and negatives to it.  Any dog owner who considers changing their pet’s diet to raw food should consult a vet and do a detailed research, weighing out the pros and cons, before reaching a final decision.

Professional Dog Food Recipe Guide

Homemade Dog Food Recipes

> Download Link / Visit Author’s Website <

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>